Questions about how to get your orchid to rebloom, or just generally about what conditions Orchids like around their roots?
Join us at one of the largest retail orchid nurseries in the pacific northwest for a potting clinic where members will be on hand to help you re-pot your orchids, talk about potting orchid health and culture, and give you insight as to what your orchid might be telling you.
Admission is free to the public.
The cost is $5 per plant (limit 3 average sized orchids), which non members can use to towards membership.
These clinics have always been popular. Our most experienced members give expert advice on all aspects of repotting your orchids:
- Determining whether and when your orchid needs to be repotted. This can vary by species and time of year.
- Diagnosing potting problems, such as root loss and decomposition of potting mixes, over-potting and under-potting.
- Choosing the right pot type and size.
- What’s the best potting mix for your particular orchid?
- Can it be mounted?
- How your environment and watering habits can affect these choices.
Come with questions, get some answers, and some hands-on experience, with guidance from our volunteer members. Potting media and some pots will be available on site.
It’s an afternoon of fun and learning, and your orchids will thank you
Location & Time
Emerald City Orchids
4734 S. Tacoma Way
Tacoma, WA 98409
Time: 10 am – 3 pm
Have Questions? Contact Info:
For more information, inquiries, how to get involved, please contact Ben Johnson