Questions about how to get your orchid to rebloom, or just generally about what conditions Orchids like around their roots?
Join us on the Saturday before Mothers Day between 9am and 2pm at Molbaks in Woodinville. They have one of the largest indoor plant selections available in the pacific northwest.
There will be a class available on Orchid basics, as well as a potting clinic where members will be on hand to help you re-pot your plants, talk about potting orchid health and culture, and give you insight as to what your orchid might be telling you.
Admission to the potting event is free to the public. The cost per repot $5 per plant (limit 3 average sized orchids), which includes the pot / media and can be applied towards becoming a new member of the Northwest Orchid Society
These clinics have always been popular. Our most experienced members give expert advice on all aspects of repotting your orchids:
- Determine whether and when your orchid needs to be repotted. This can vary by species and time of year.
- Diagnose potting problems, such as root loss and decomposition of potting mixes, over-potting and under-potting.
- Choosing the right pot type and size.
- What’s the best potting mix for your particular orchid?
- Can it be mounted?
- How your environment and watering habits can affect these choices.
Come with questions, get some answers, and some hands-on experience, with guidance from our volunteer members. Potting media and some pots will be available on site.
It’s an afternoon of fun and learning, and your orchids will thank you
Location & Time
13625 NE 175th St.
Woodinville, WA 98072
Time: 9 am – 2 pm
Have Questions? Contact Info:
For more information, inquiries, how to get involved, please contact Ben Johnson