Your Orchids Are NeedeD
We need your BLOOMING ORCHIDS to help fill out the garden. Any blooming orchid qualifies as long as it is clean, pest and disease free, and the flowers will last for at least one week.
Orchids can arrive:
- 1 pm to 5 pm on Sunday, Feb 12
Bring your orchids on Sunday, there will be plenty of 4-wheeled carts to use at the “Hand Carried Freight” elevator.
There will be a variety of named, blooming Paphiopedilums, Oncidiums, Dendrobiums, and more! All of these orchids will be available for purchase at the March 13 NWOS Auction.
My Orchids Want To Participate, What Do I Need To Do?
1. Write your name or initials on a piece of blue painter’s masking tape (it won’t smudge or come off if it gets wet) or use an address label. Affix the tape or label to each orchid pot. Affix the tape or label to your plant trays and packing boxes too.
2. Print a list of plants with your contact information and the name of each orchid or flower. Please indicate how you will be picking up your plants — either on Sunday, Feb 15 after 6 pm at the WSCC or at the November 25th meeting at 2 pm.
3. Clean and trim the leaves as needed, check for any visible pests and diseases, stake the flower spikes if needed to prevent breakage in transport; the usual routine to prep plants for a show.
4. Package your orchids in a sturdy box or tray. Did you label your box or trays?
How Do I Get There?
See the map on how to get to the Convention Center’s Main Parking Garage. The garage is located underneath the WSCC between Pike and Seneca streets.
Once inside the garage, follow the signs to the “Hand-Carried Freight” elevator. Take your parking ticket with you, get it stamped (IF you are in and out of the garage within one hour, you don’t pay). Pick up a “Work-pass” and put it on your clothing. Ride the elevator to the 4th floor loading dock.
What Day and Time Can I Bring Plants?
We request that you bring your orchids:
- Sunday, Feb 12 from 1 pm to 5 pm
When Can I Get My Plants Back?
You can either pick up your orchids on Sunday, Feb 15 after 6 pm (preferred) or request the plants be delivered to Saturday’s February 25 NWOS Auction at the Shoreline Community College. IF you come on Sunday after 6 pm, you may help us dismantle the garden. We can always use extra help!
Whichever you choose, be sure to let us know on your list of plants when you deliver them.
Any questions or concerns, email FGS@NWOS.ORG and I will reply quickly.
~ NWOS Flower and Garden Show